A ’40s Jazz / Latin Ballroom Remake of “I Will Survive,” featuring Sara Niemietz
The incredible Sara Niemietz is back with another amazing Postmodern Jukebox performance – this time, we took the iconic 1978 hit back into the ’40s, and blended some jazz and Latin influences into the mix. Watch our remake of I Will Survive here:
Click here to download our remake of I Will Survive on iTunes.
Ever since Sara made her PMJ debut on “This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody),” she’s continued to raise the bar as a performer both on recording and in concert. Her warm tone, pitch perfect delivery, and true passion for performing captivated our Europe audiences during our most recent #PMJtour, and she’s established herself as a true star vocalist of the 21st century.
Remaking a disco classic like “I Will Survive” was a daunting task, but one that came together very naturally nonetheless – the song’s melody and chord changes are reminiscent of popular jazz standards such as “All The Things You Are,” as well as many popular Latin tunes. The Postmodern Jukebox version aims to expand on that Latin connection, with the help of Jose Perez on congas and Latin Ballroom dancers Jose Valencia and Liora Paniz, while maintaining the passion of the original.
Can’t get enough of Sara Niemietz? Check her out in our other covers below:
- “Bad Romance” – Reboxed Cover
- “Bye Bye Bye” – 2016 North American Tour Cast Version
- “Don’t Stop Believin” – Journey One Take Vintage Cover
- “I Want You To Want Me” – Vintage Blues Cheap Trick Cover
- “Just What I Needed” – Vintage ’60s Pop Cars Cover
- “Love Yourself” – Vintage 1920 Justin Bieber Cover
- “Scars To Your Beautiful” – Vintage Soul Alessia Cara Cover
- “Who Can It Be Now” – Men At Work 40s Jazz Cover
You might also enjoy:
Our brand new album "Sepia Is TheRead more...
PMJ Superstar Sara Niemietz helps us takeRead more...