1929 New Orleans Remake of Justin Bieber’s “Love Yourself,” feat. Sara Niemietz
We took Justin Bieber’s Love Yourself, way back in time to show how it would have sounded in 1920’s New Orleans. The incredible Sara Niemietz gave us one of the best vocals in PMJ history, and something crazy happened at 2:15. Watch here:
Download / Order Justin Bieber’s Love Yourself from our ‘PMJ and Chill’ album:
Back to the video: it may be surprising how well this song translated into the New Orleans style. Where the original song is a bit more somber in tone, this one is triumphant. It's for anyone that's ever needed to find the strength to move on, and wants to feel good doing it. Making this arrangement was especially fun for me, since the New Orleans sound is what drew me to jazz in the first place, and Sara's bluesy voice is a perfect fit for the style. With every video, she proves why she's one of the great young vocalists of our times. It's always a party when Lemar Guillary busts out the sousaphone, too.
Download Justin Bieber's Love Yourself on iTunes:
A very special mention goes out to Jacob Scesney - PMJ's resident stuntman / clarinetist - who flawlessly performed the acrobatic work at 2:15. Somebody please make a .GIF out of that moment!
Can't get enough of Sara Niemietz? Check her out in our other covers below:
- "Bad Romance" - Reboxed Cover
- "Bye Bye Bye" - 2016 North American Tour Cast Version
- "Don't Stop Believin" - Journey One Take Vintage Cover
- "I Want You To Want Me" - Vintage Blues Cheap Trick Cover
- "I Will Survive" - Vintage '40s Jazz Latin Ballroom Style
- "Just What I Needed" - Vintage '60s Pop Cars Cover
- "Scars To Your Beautiful" - Vintage Soul Alessia Cara Cover
- "Who Can It Be Now" - Men At Work 40s Jazz Cover
Catch us on tour this year, with over 100 dates on sale now, you have to experience PMJ live! Tickets and full lineup here: http://smarturl.it/tourpmjweb
You might also enjoy:
Now is the perfect time to learnRead more...